Saturday, April 18, 2015

Carol's visit




Carol Hualin Gu contacted me recently. She is a journalist doing a story for a new publication bringing American cultural trends to the Chinese audience. Its called ”Now U SA “ . Carol,is from China ,but lives in New York City now. Carol is interested in light painting and how we as sight impaired or blind artists,go about making images.

One evening as twilight deepened she stopped by with her husband Tiger,  a [hotographer,and together they documented a night of work.



 I had an unfinished charcoal drawing with a lot of blank, but also a moon near one en,d so I figured that would make for an interesting nocturnal setting. Carol sits for her portrait in one and in the other, binoculars fly through space lenses trained at the sphere. If you ever get a chance to look at the moon through a telescope, please do it you wont forget it.

I got some great news a short time ago. Sergey Churkin told me my article was acceptwd for publicati8in. This will be at ehe U.N.E.S.C.O. International Year of Light 2015 blog. The theme is our photography group and also light. Ill post the article here as well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment